Greenwood Barn is an exciting new addition to the Pack Holiday family.
It is a beautifully designed barn, decorated and furnished to a high specification and which is all on one level, perfect for those who don’t want stairs (for hoomans and dogs!). It is ideally situated in a quiet country lane, perfect for quiet dog walks. It is also a 15 minute walk to Walcott beach. Walcott has two dog friendly pubs (The Lighthouse Inn and The Poachers Pocket) and Kingfishers Cafe plus lovely Watsons (cafe) around the corner in Bacton..
Park your car in the gravel driveway (enough room for 3 cars) and close the paddock gate. (The paddock gate is also meshed so once closed is secure for most dogs)
WEEK OF 5th AUGUST 2022 AVAILABLE
Reactive Dog 3 Star
This property has a 3 star reactive friendly award. Please read below for further details
4 dogs welcome, more by arrangement
3 bedrooms (all with en suites)
Smoke Free Property
Broadband & WiFi (download speed 25.2 Mbps and upload speed 6.4 Mbps)
Off road parking for 3 cars in driveway
To view the cottage photos in full screen mode, please click on the first photo below. The photo will open up to full screen and you can use the left and right arrows (on either side of the photo) to scroll through all the cottage photos
When you arrive
From the car parking area, walk around to the front of the barn and into the light and airy hallway (which spans most of the barn length.) The large windows ensure there is plenty of light. The whole barn benefits from under floor heating and hard flooring throughout (perfect for snoozing pooches). The hallway has beautiful reclaimed tiles and exposed beams..
Turn left into the
Lounge / Dining Room
I love this room with the huge amount of space, high ceilings and fabulous wooden reclaimed beams. There are two very large and comfortable sofas and whilst they are perfectly positioned for watching the 43 inch Smart TV. They are also perfectly positioned for gazing out onto the lovely secure south-facing garden. Nothing nicer than watching the world go by! There is a cosy woodburner (and feature exposed chimney) and plenty of space to spread out. There are wooden floors throughout this room.
To the rear of this room, there is a lovely dining table and chairs for formal dining (seating 6)
Go through the dining room door to the:
This spacious kitchen (square-style) has plenty of work surfaces, a Bosch double oven, built in dishwasher, washing machine, an under the counter fridge and freezer….and again, underfloor heating.
Exit the kitchen via the hallway door and turn right to
This lovely double room has a double bed with medium firmness mattress, clothes rail, 2 side units with bedside lamps and wood flooring. There is a large chest of drawers and a seat.
Walk into the
.This bathroom attached to Bedroom 1 has a further door (meaning two exits and thus Jack and Jill) and is furnished with a modern white suite with the shower over the bath, toilet and hand basin. The lights activate automatically on entry into the room.
Back in the hallway, turn right into
Which has twin beds with a soft mattress, 2 side units with bedside lamps and wood flooring. There is a large chest of drawers and a seat.
Enter into the
En-Suite Wet Room
This very spacious wet room has two wall mounted shower heads, a lower than average toilet and basin (for easier access). There is a wall mounted shower seat, a wall mounted drop grab rail adjacent to the toilet and the entry has a low profile threshhold, suitable for wheelchair access. The lights activate automatically on entry into the room.
Back in the hallway, walk down towards the kitchen and turn into
This third bedroom has twin beds with a firm mattress, 2 side units with bedside lamps and wood flooring. There is also a dresser with a mirror.
En-Suite Bedroom 3
.The shower room attached to Bedroom 3 is furnished with a modern white suite with the shower, toilet, cabinet and hand basin. The lights activate automatically on entry into the room.
Back at the front door, exit to the
The outside space is a fully enclosed large grassed garden with garden furniture (picnic table and bench and a 3 seater rocking bench) and gas barbeque.
The garden is fully enclosed with a 6 feet solid fence on the front and right hand side. On the left, it is hedged and meshed with stock fencing (and will help prevent escapes from smallest of dogs). There is a fabulously handy dog shower in the garden too.
What we provide
Linen and Towels.
- Board Games
- DAB radio with Bluetooth
- 43 inch TV in the living room
Throws for furniture and dog towels
- Dog bowls
Crates on request
- 3 dog beds provided and dog bowls
This is a non-smoking property.
Refundable security bond is £100
- There is no hairdryer
- No logs are provided for the woodburner
- If you are going to the beach, please do bring your own beach towels / camping chairs
Dogs are very welcome on hooman beds, but can we please ask you to bring your own linen and throws
Our WhatThreeWords are
Reactive Friendly Award Details
Greenwood Barn is situated in a very quiet lane in a rural location with some passing traffic.
The garden is all at the front and side of the property and mainly grassed. There is 6 feet solid fencing on two sides of the boundary and hedging and mesh on the other. The lowest part of the boundary is the paddock gate which is approx 4 feet high and meshed for security. There is a farm to the rear of the property which does house donkeys, pigs and cockerels . They cannot be seen but dogs may hear them.
The cottage is surrounded by farm land. To date, we have had no reports of bird scarers but we will keep an eye on this!
4 dogs welcome and more by prior arrangement
Greenwood Barn is a barn conversion and is all on one level, so there are no steps to negotiate.
• The entrance door has a slight ramp (see photo) to make the threshold as flat as possible.
• There is level access from the main entrance to:
– Lawn Area
– Patio/picnic bench
– Hall (leading to bedrooms, bathroom, lounge and kitchen)
There are no steps at the property
- The second bedroom is a twin room with very large ensuite wetroom and is the bedroom most suitable for wheelchair access.
• The main bedroom is a double with ensuite bathroom
• The third bedroom is a twin room with ensuite shower room and is not suitable for wheelchair access
• All bedrooms have windows.
• Bedrooms have ceiling lights, bedside lamps and natural daylight.
• Please let us know if you would like us to move the bedroom furniture, to improve accessibility.
Accessible bedroom 2/wetroom
• The narrowest point in this room is between the bed and the wall just inside the door. This is 36.5”/93cm wide.
• There are 2 accessible/available electrical sockets just inside the door. They are approx 50cm above floor level.
• The wetroom is ensuite with a low-profile threshold and graded floor shower.
• The wetroom has a fixed shower seat.
• The shower has both an overhead shower head and an adjustable height/removable
shower head. The controls are approx 1m above floor level.
• The shower has handrails (see photos).
• The toilet has a handrail and a drop-down grab rail (see photos). The seat is just over
16”/40cm above floor level. The toilet is push button operation.
• The sink is a pedestal type and the rim of the sink is approx 32”/82cm above floor level. The taps are not lever operated.
- The hall giving access to all areas is 43.5”/110cm wide.
• The second bedroom door is 32”/81cm wide (door to ensuite wetroom is 30”/76cm).
• The bedroom is set out to facilitate access, including wheelchair access, between the twin beds. There is unobstructed floor space of 51”/130cm between the beds. This could be increased by moving the bedside tables but it is not possible to provide enough space for wheelchair access to both sides of both beds and have sufficient turning space between the beds, hence the layout previously described.
• The first (double) bedroom door is 28”/71cm wide (door to ensuite bathroom is the same).
• The third bedroom door is 33”/83cm wide but there is insufficient space to manoeuvre a wheelchair between the twin beds and the door to the ensuite is only 25”/63cm wide, hence this room is not thought to be suitable for wheelchair access.
The TV has subtitles.
• For the purpose of fire risk assessment, please let us know if you are hearing impaired, as the fire alarm is audible only.
Please advise Pack Holidays if you would like any information in large print.
• There is ample parking for 3 or more cars.
• The drive has stones but you can pull up next to the patio, which leads directly to the entrance door.
• There is virtually level access from the parking/patio area to the entrance door, as there is just a slight slope at the entrance in order to make the threshold as level as possible (please see photos).
• The main entrance has almost level access. There is a permanent slight ramp (in order to provide a threshold that is as level as possible.)
• The entrance door is 36”/91cm wide.
• The entrance door is side hung and manual.
• There is level access from the entrance door to the kitchen.
• The kitchen door is at least 33”/83cm wide.
• The work surfaces are not modified and are of a standard height, at 35”/89cm, with the electrical sockets being located at the back of the work surfaces (up to 29” deep).
• The sink is a double butler sink, set only slightly lower than the worktops. The taps are not lever operated and are situated behind the sink.
• The top of the main oven is 46.5”/118cm above floor level and the controls are 60”/152cm above floor level.
• Due to the height of the worktops/sink and oven, the kitchen may not be suitable for self-catering use by a wheelchair user.
• The crockery is kept in eye level kitchen units but can be moved to base units on request.
• There is level access from the entrance to the lounge. The lounge door is at least 33”/83cm wide.
• There are double doors out to the patio. The doors are UPVC, so the threshold is not level and there is a fitted coir type doormat inside the doors.
• The dining table is located straight ahead of the door from the kitchen to the lounge.
The table is 30” high and has an unobstructed space beneath it that is 25” high and 24” wide (the depth of the unobstructed space would depend on others seated at the
Getting around outside
• From the main entrance to the lawn there is level access via the patio. There is a change in level/slope between parts of the drive and the lawn but this can easily be avoided.
• There is virtually level access between the entrance door and the patio (slight permanent ramp-see photos).
• There is a sturdy picnic table with moveable benches.
• The picnic table is 30” high. There is unobstructed space beneath the table that is 28” high, 23” wide and 14” deep.
Emergency evacuation procedures
• Greenwood Barn is on one level with all bedrooms, kitchen and living room giving access to the hall, where the entrance/exit is located. However, there are no special modifications. If you have any individual needs in terms of evacuation then please let
us know in advance so we can discuss this with you, review the fire risk assessment and ensure your safety. Please consider, for example, that the fire alarm is audible only.
Location & Directions
Treetops, 8 The Street, Honing, NR28 9AB
Greenwood Barn, Mill Common Rd, Bacton, Walcott, North Walsham NR28 9TX
From the A149 (from Yarmouth side) at Stalham (on your right) turn right onto the B1159 Stepping Stone Lane (or take your left if coming from Norwich direction). At the junction, turn left onto Brumstead Road (B1159).
Follow the road to Walcott and turn left opposite The Lighthouse Inn into Rookery Farm Road. Take the first turning on your right
There is a junction with Mill Common Road – Greenwood Barn is opposite, behind the hedge. Turn right and the drive is on your immediate left (behind the holly bush). (Don’t drive straight towards the farmhouse as that is a separate dwelling).
If coming from Walcott, drive to Bacton (countryside side is on the left of your car). Turn left onto Mill Common Road and Greenwood Barn is 0.6m on your right, just before the first turning on your left, and is next door to Mill Farm.
This calendar shows you all our up to date availability for all properties and you can use the scroll forward to look at future months availability. Click on a start date to see the price. If you are looking for a different arrival date or not too sure what you are looking for, do give me a call or email me email@example.com / 079 353 75899
Perfect accommodation for dogs and anyone with mobility problems. Safe garden and plenty of space in the kitchen and lounge. 15 mins to walk to Walcott Gap, lovely sandy beach which the dogs loved. 15 mins drive to Bacton Woods and Pigney Woods, both excellent for dogs with plenty of shade.
Waxham and Waxham Barns Cafe, a great little find for coffee and a light lunch. Kingfisher Fish and Chips always good. Sheringham 40 mins away, great walks, £6.50 to park the car all day and take a picnic. Did not both with Holkham or Sandringham this year due to the heat.
Waitrose is good at North Walsham and Tesco in Stalham, our only issue was flies due to the heat and a parasol would have been useful as the patio is a sun trap.
One of the best equipped places we have stayed in Norfolk and would come back. Great place
We have had a lovely holiday here at Greenwood Barn. Fabulous accommodation. Clean, comfortable and very dog friendly. Our dogs loved the garden and being able to move freely inside and out – they settled in almost immediately! Although the weather has been rather windy, the garden provided a sheltered sun trap most days. We visited Mundesley (great beach for children) Bacton Woods, (Well worth a walk). Fish and Chips great from The Kingfisher fish bar! Look out for the wonderful display from the bats at dusk!!
A lovely week in this beautiful Cottage with its fab garden. We have loved the peace and quiet at this cottage. The location is perfect. We have visited this area of Norfolk a few times and always have an enjoyable break here.
We didn’t visit a lot of places this time, The dogs love the beach so we have mostly been to Cart Gap and Happisburgh, the Small Sticks Cafe is fab at Cart Gap, sandwiches, salad and cakes are amazing, We also visited Bacton woods, lovely walks there kept the dogs on leads there as muddy in some areas. We would love to come back here, hopefully very soon x
A fabulous stay in a really great cottage. Everything we needed. Best of all, perfectly safe for the dogs,
Bacton beach great for dogs, hardly any people, can do a long walk. Went to Wells, really lovely, dogs allowed part of the beach and in the pine woods,
Saw lots of seals at Horsey, walked from Horsey windpump to the bech and saw hundreds of them. Visited Blicking Hall, lovely parkland but no dogs in garden area.
Best eating places, Watson’s Cafe at Bacton, great cakes and coffee, Wells Deli, good toasties. Best of all Lighthouse Inn, great food, very welcoming to all 5⭐ all round All of these are dog friendly.
We enjoyed our stay at Greenwood Barn, Ideally located, quiet and not far from the beach. Lovely accommodation and garden.
Bacton Woods and beach are a must.
Chinese from Bacton
Great Weather and relaxing time had by all of us. Thank you! X
We’ve had a fantastic week, helped by glorious weather. Watched some stunning sunsets from the wonderful garden. The house is beautiful, no one wanted to leave.
Thank you ❤️
Thanks Gail for recommending this property. We have had a brilliant week and the dogs have loved the garden xx
Shame wife and dog couldn’t make it due to Covid, maybe next time
Lovely place to stay and perfect for our blind dog Layla, we could leave her to explore the house and gardens without having to worry about her. Out for lunch everyday. Our favourites for food were Watson’s and the Star Inn at Lessingham. Of course we all had great fun on the brilliant beaches and loved exploring Bacton Woods too. Even the weather was perfect and the sun shone to make it perfect week. Would definitely return, even in the rain.
Lovely long stay at Greenwood Barn -great location – walking distance to the beach and easy drive to lots of the local attractions, and the Lighthouse Inn walking distance too Perfect secure garden for all dog sizes – large enough for zoomies – the barn itself was very clean, fab lounge – dogs loved the underfloor heating – will definitely stay again ” 🐾🐾🐾🐾
I just wanted to say a huge Thank You for allowing us and our furry friends to share your cottage this last week. We have had the most comfortable and cosy stay. It’s been a lovely, lovely holiday.